Just about a month ago, my friend got completely drunk to the point of sleeping next to a homeless in a middle of a park. After looking for her for hours, I finally found her passed out. When I tried to get her up, she refused like any intoxicated creature and pissed on me. I would like to mention now that this was the night before I left for New York.
Here are some things I learned from that experience.
1. Have one BDSP. Buff Designated Sober Person.
This person will carry that person or the huge bag of empty bottles and shot glasses to a safety area.
2. Designate an emergency safety area.
This area could be a house, hotel, Karaoke-room, Manga-room, 24-hour Denny’s. Anywhere is fine as long as it is warm, secure, and has a bathroom.
3. Ducktape their phone to their hand before they wander off.
This is an essential step. If they own an iphone, you can locate them with the GPS. Or you can always embed a GPS chip beneath their skin like dogs.
4. Give the intoxicate-ee an hour nap before you get them a ride (when they miss the last train).
With an hour nap, they are bound to wake up a little more refreshed, if not a little more aware and less.. blacked out.
5. The next day when they are fighting the worst hang over, give them a whole recap of how annoying they were and list the multitude of things they did that they will soon regret.
Sidenote: Also don’t party the night before a 12 hour flight.
Safe drinking, don’t drink and drive, lots of love,